Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Blog

I never thought I'd actually have my own blog, but thanks to my jterm class I now have one. I'm probably not going to post much about my life, primarily because no one really wants to read that stuff, I barely even care. But, for the first post, I figure I should introduce myself a little bit. I'm currently a sophomore at Huntington, majoring in finance. I'm hoping to go into financial advising after graduating-I really enjoy investing in the stock market and have personally invested since my junior year of high school, but invested some money for my parents as a sophomore. As of June of this year I have had an average annualized return of about 17% per year, which isn't too bad considering we were in a recession. I played soccer and basketball in high school, and while I don't play on any of the HU teams, I play pretty much every intramural sport. I'm planning on going to Haiti for spring break for a missions trip, which I'm really excited about. I've gone to Honduras almost every year since my freshman year of high school, and am also planning on going there this summer. Most of my trips there have been missions-related, but last year my family took a vacation to Roatan-a small island north of the country. It was beautiful-crystal clear Caribbean, and has the world's second largest coral reef which we snorkeled in. It was the coolest place I've ever been to, and am trying to talk my parents into going there again this summer. Another cool thing about it is that hardly anyone knows about Roata, so the island was empty-we ate almost all of our meal's by ourselves in the restaurants-which let us talk to and get to know some of the owners which was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment